Customized Employment creates mutually beneficial relationships between employers and employees by matching an individual’s unique skills to the needs of the employer. We build personal relationships, one employer at a time. Our innovative approach encourages working interviews or trial shifts to highlight an individual’s strengths and demonstrate the ability to get the job done.
Our Customized Employment program:
- Emphasizes assessment of strengths and needs, vocational training and job performance. We listen to our clients and incorporate their preferences to support them in achieving their occupational goals.
- Matches and then facilitates the relationship between employer and employee in ways that meets the needs of both.
- Provides continual job support to our clients with their paid, or volunteer employment or micro businesses. This can be accomplished either at the jobsite or Pointe Based, depending upon the needs of the client and the request of the employer.
- Enhances the exploration of alternative work solutions with a garden and art park for individuals and members of the community interested in landscaping and farming.
- Creates incubator operations that create employment opportunities for clients in the community.
- Assists in the development of business strategies and entrepreneurial plans for individuals interested in self-employment or micro-businesses.
TIMELINE FOR CUSTOMIZED EMPLOYMENT:
The Steps toward Employment…
Each new client will create a comprehensive Person Centered Plan. The individual, along with Itineris staff, family, and caregivers, will review past experience and establish goals for employment.
During the first 30 days at Itineris, adults take a career preference assessment.
At the 30 day meeting, we will review results from the assessment. The Itineris team, including the adult and their family will develop action steps towards future goals.
Every individual will spend the first year rotating through our 8 job trial sites. They will spend approximately one month at each trial site. During this time adults and our staff will be assessing skills, strengths, areas of need, and areas of preference. This year is the most important stage in helping to set our adults on path for succesful employment and job satisfaction.
At the end of the first year, there will be a meeting with the adult, Itineris staff, and family members. This is the beginning of the customized employment process. Once the team agrees on the strategy, we begin to develop the plan for the clients’ future employment partnership and career opportunities.